November 12, 2008

The Universality of the Gangster Lifestyle



Okay, so I am no G. I grew up partly in Russia and partly in the East Bay (and not even the gangster parts of the East Bay, mind you) but am coming to realize that everyone should live by the gangster code of ethics in order to get the most out of life. My conception of gangster morality can be summed up in this valuable aphorism:

Mo' money, mo' bitches.


This handy little saying helps me to justify pretty much every aspect of my life. Yes, I was a hedonist before I discovered the importance of gangster ethics, but now I feel connected to an enormous amount of hedonists around the world who incorporate such phrases into their lives. In fact, the more I am exposed to gangster ideology, the more handy phrases I discover. For instance, just yesterday I picked up two: bbc and dgaf. What better way is there to proclaim two universal truths: bitches be crazy, and don't give a fuck?



Overall, the gangster lifestyle applies to pretty much everyone and I think it's important to acknowledge the lessons it can teach us. So remember, "never fuck without a rubber, never in the sheets, like it on top of the cover, money on the dresser, drive a Compressor, top notch hoes, get the most not the lesser."



redpanda

2 comments:

Mariya said...

Nastia, you are most def a g - especially in St. Petersburg, talking to drunk guys and escaping on elevators with me.

"Москва сосёт, Питер рулит."

jenny said...

gangstarussians...totally legit.
ps. i love your blog, i'm linking you.