December 03, 2008

Old Lady Paradise




So Christine and I have a secret. It's called the Cellar and if you live in the Bay, it's on the corner of Dana and Channing in Berkeley. The Cellar is a tiny thrift store owned by some church and run entirely by adorable old ladies who play 1930's jazz and will give you completements and tell you you look cute in everything. I got the shoes in these pics, Salvatore Ferragamo, mind you (!!!) for ten dollars. They are in perfect condition too. Also the necklaces I'm wearing are from there as well, purchased for a total of 20 dollars. This place is fucking amazing. I would not expect designer shoes each time, but there are definitely good things to be found if you look hard enough. Keep in mind they are only only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The outfit: BCBG dress, Zara jacket, Derek Heart cardigan, American Apparel tights, Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, American Apparel headband.
Oh yes, I was a test subject in a psychology experiment today and my professor asked me if I was an orthodox jew because he mistook my headband for a headscarf and also noticed my oldladyjewelry. Wtf.

redpanda

P.S. If anyone wants an AMERICAN APPAREL CARDIGAN IN SIZE XS IN ROYAL BLUE there is one at Buffalo Exchange! It was too small for me but if you wear size XS get it.